Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Friday, January 17, 2014

Thorax Rotation Syndrome 1 and 2


Thorax Rotation Syndrome 1 and 2 are the working titles that I have put on what causes pectus excavatum (1) and pectus carinatum (2). These working titles are a part of my complete theory. The pictures below shows what has happened in the body in these cases (PE and PC). It is also possible to get a combination of these conditions which will result in flared ribs and protruding sternum.


The difference between PE and PC is that in the case of PE the whole thorax rotates while in the case of PC only the upper part of the thorax rotates which will make the sternum to move the opposite way compared to excavatum. Basically; a stronger abdominal area in people with carinatum will force the rotation to take place higher up in the chest.




6 comments:

  1. Since you have studied the anatomy of the sternum could I ask you a question?

    I have noticed that when I lie down on my back, I can loosen my stomach muscles and press under my sternum and force it upwards (it hurts). Do you think that doing this regularly could help raise the sternum or is it a different bone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that I could do exactly what you describes before my recovery. I if you take a look in the background of this blog you will see the anatomy of the sternum (at some degree) and I am quite sure that you grabs the lower ribs close to the sternum. I think that the best way to lift the sternum is to change the ergonomics (as described on my blog/website) on a daily basis and do exercises. If you grab the lower ribs in an attempt to lift the sternum out I think you might actually bend the ribs out. What if they are weaker than the sternum which they probably are in that direction? That will be the important question to ask oneself. Once again, I think it’s better to think “24 hour” rather than a few seconds of bending with the hands. But anyway I think it was a smart idea and a very good question! If you want the question to be removed (?) just tell me here. Thank you for your response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help!

    I have another question about flared ribs. Is the aim to stretch the lower ribs back inwards? or outwards? or up or down...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you take a look at the drawing ( PE 1) above you can see some arrows. To improve pectus excavatum there shall be a reverse development of the condition. All of the arrows shall go in the opposite direction during recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you basically agree with dr. Haje´s approach when using the brace to press on the lower ribs...(?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tondap: Yes I do (basically). Look on one of my readers "Ryo" who got inspired by my blog. I would say that he probably is some sort of world record holder in almost fixing his flared ribs. 1 month it took which is incredible and he uses zero drop shoes. People just fail if they don't changes their attitude to posture related to raised heels. First people fight their pe with surgeries, braces, clavicle
      supporters, exercises but skips the most important thing so pe comes back and small improvements don't lasts. Yes, basically I agree.

      Delete