Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Modified Dumbbell Pullovers for Pectus Excavatum

This modification turned dumbbell pullovers into an effective exercise for pectus excavatum (funnel chest) at least for me and I hope for others as well. I have as I earlier mentioned tried usual dumbbell pullovers for a very long time during very long periods without any results to talk about. Ok, here is how to do this modified version for PE:

1. Start in the same position as normal dumbbell pullovers with a low weight (around 3 kg).

2. At the same time as you lower the weight, lift the upper body from the ground a few centimeters
    and look in the direction of the arrow as illustrated in the drawings below.

3. Repeat many times (10 reps, 2-3 sets).




3 comments:

  1. I made an update to this post 20/3-2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 4 weeks with only 3 kg I have become noticeably stronger and have increased the weight to 6 kg. I think it is important trying to use as low weight as possible which of course will minimize the risk for injuries. Basic rule during this exercise is that there should be a burning feeling in the upper abdominal area after some reps. I believe that it is a good sign that it works. If you have never done this exercise before I recommend to start with your arms only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks bro. Will definitely try this

    ReplyDelete